Thursday, May 27, 2010

Texas Bar Exam Prep -- Day 8 (62 Days till Bar Exam)

Day 8 of Bar Prep -- 62 Days to Go! Yikes!

Today, was the first day of substantive lectures from BarBri.  3+ hours of Texas Wills...I know, you are most likely experiencing the same inability to contain your excitement.  At least, the lecture was prepared by Professor Stanley M. Johanson from the University of Texas School of Law.  He made the content as entertaining as it could be, and I am grateful he utilized hypos to lecture the material.  If it were 3+ hours of straight lecture on the black letter law, I may have walked over to the Omni Tower on the other side of the water gardens, asked to see a top-floor condo for purchase, and then hurl myself off the balcony!  Thankfully, that wasn't the situation.  This Bar Prep is far and away the most intensive preperation and test of endurance I have ever attempted. 

Still, working MBE (Multi-State Bar Examination) Questions.  Took my first stab at the MPQ1...attacked 18 questions of Constitutional Law.  Good News, I finished within the time frame, actually ahead of schedule, and got 12/18 which was the targeted goal for the first set.  I really need to bust my ass and attack these questions every single day.  Regardless, of the substantive law involved, the overall repitition of hundreds of questions will allow me to learn the law. 

I need to finish -up here.  I should be studying more than blogging.  I also need to get ready for my first day valet parking at the Omni Hotel for a part-time gig this summer.  Rich peoples vehicles and tips amount to a nice study break for a few hours a day!  Not to mention, having a family, and over $100K in student loan debt coming due, is not going to pay for itself!  Till next time.

God Bless

Give me the strength and fortitude Lord to stay the course, remained focused, and really give it my all these next two months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment